The Norðlingafljót lodge
The old farm house at Husafell was built in 1908 and was in use until 1964. In the year 1966 the house was repaired/rebuilt by Kristleifur Thorsteinsson and his wife Sigrun Bergthorsdottir as tourist accommodation. The focus of the repairs where to preserve the original look and design of the house.
The lodge has three storeys. On the ground floor there is a kitchen, dining room, restroom and a living room. On the second floor there are three double-rooms with restrooms. On the third floor there are two rooms with double beds and one restroom.
The rules of the lodge
1Arrivals / Departures
Fishermen can arrive an hour before fishing time and they shall leave the house no later than 13.00 on the day of departure.
2Bags the day of departure
Guests are kindly asked to place there bags in the living room on the morning of departure before going out in order to give staff time to prepare rooms for next group.
Smoking is not allowed in the Old farm house.
4Warm water setting
A hot tub is out side the house and its controls are in the kitchen above the dish washer.
5Freezer in the lodge
A freezer is in the house to preserve the catches.